This was definitely not the statement game the Hornets were looking for. 8 straight minutes without scoring in the 4th? Utah fans got their money’s worth, that’s for sure. With this game, Deron Williams’ Jazz are now something like 6-1 against Paul’s Hornets. The five factors of an ugly, ugly game:
1. Shooting (X) Yuck. Let’s hope we never see this again. Mo-Pete and Stojakovic combined for 4. FOUR.
2. Turnovers (X) Tyson Chandler had almost as many turnovers as rebounds. Chris Paul gave it away 4 times himself. Hey, so did Deron Williams, but Utah won.
3. Offensive Rebounding (√) Pretty much the only thing the Hornets did right today: pound the glass. It was great to see David West match Boozer board for board.
4. Free Throws (X) The Hornets did get to the line a lot today. But going 20-29 from the stripe is just unacceptable. Even so, 9 more free throws would have barely made this a 20 point game. The Hornets didn’t lose this game on account of not hitting freethrows. They lost because of their atrocious eFG%.
5. Pace (91) The Hornets seemed fresh for the first half, but their shots just did not fall in the second. Hats off to Utah for the first meeting, but we’ll be hungry for revenge next time around.
Filed under: Uncategorized